Thursday, December 24, 2009

Discovering Coron



“I’ve heard countless of times from friends about the beautiful islands here in the Philippines, and the “trending” destination is Palawan, particularly Coron. Hearing them rave about this so-called “paradise on earth” certainly piqued my interest, especially after knowing that this strip of island is one amongst a handful of undiscovered gems of our country. Alas, one blessed day, I got an invite from a dear friend to join him in the promo fare to Coron. And considering all the inclusions, this deal is indeed a steal! So without hesitation, I gave him my big and excited “YES!!”
Seeing the Palawan coast from the plane window, I knew right then that this trip is going to be my most unforgettable one, in a very pleasant way. Even before touchdown at Busuanga Airport, I couldn’t help but click away with my camera in order to capture the magnificent view from above!
A van was waiting at the airport to take us to Dive Link, our home in Palawan for three days. Check-in was a breeze, food was great, and the swimming pool was clean – enough leisure and comfort to keep us inside a rainy day. Plus, kudos to Dive Link’s friendly and efficient staff and crew!
True enough, there is so much to discover in Coron that it’s difficult to fit the entire trip in just three days! But even with only a couple of days at hand, there was no room for dull moments, as each day was arranged overflowing with sights and activities! We were able to climb and feel the serenity atop Mt. Tapias, relax afterwards in the Maquinit Spring, shop for trinkets and goodies at the local stores, and the highlight of the tour – island hopping! True enough, my friends weren’t exaggerating when they said that Palawan is worth the trip. No other words can best describe Palawan but beautiful. The glorious skies, the pristine waters, the intricate arrangement of coral reefs, the kaleidoscopic schools of fish – anything and everything I saw in Coron heightened my awe and reverence for our Creator.
                On that note, let me take this opportunity to give a huge shout-out to Terry of Shore 2 Shore for arranging this trip for us! Thank you for being very kind and accommodating to our requests. It was indeed a well-crafted and hassle-free trip. There will surely be a next time!”

Contributed by Cecil Aganda, Coron 2011 and 2012