Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm finally in Boracay!




   “It was late afternoon when I arrived. The fresh air breezed through as I stood on the very fine and blindingly white sand. I felt the cool, crystalline waters lapping my feet at each toss of the wave. My jaws were literally agape as I measured with my gaze the never-ending shoreline. Then slowly it started to sink in – I made it to everyone's dream island, I’m finally in Boracay!

With the island’s hypnotic beauty, I didn’t mind if I were to stay outdoors the entire time. But as I checked-in my room at Station 1’s Pearl of the Pacific, WOW, it was like a tug of war between the beach and the bed! The enormous king-size beckoned, and I couldn’t resist but to dive right in its soft cushion! Oh, it was pure bliss, spread-eagled on the comfortable bed as I watched TV that’s positioned bullseye in front.

Fully rested and recharged, I signed up for an island hopping tour the next day. It included a 4-hour outrigger banca (boat) tour that took us to the breathtaking beaches of Ilig-iligan and Puka Shell, and an interesting stopover as well to the Crocodile Island and Crystal Cove Island. I got to snorkel and see the underwater palace of Talubhan and Tambisan Reef. After feasting on the wonderful sights, I didn’t leave my tummy growling for a feast. We lunched at Tambisan Beach and made sure to leave a room for the sumptuous smorgasbord dinner. Yeah, I took a diet break and went carnivore for just a night. What with the array of mouth-watering food before me, it was just impossible not to give in!

Maybe the heavens conspired and kept me from doing the helmet dive and para-sailing, that way, I’d surely have a hundred and one reasons to visit Boracay again! Allow me to channel my inner Schwarzenegger and say “I’ll be back!” And for another perfectly arranged tour, I’d definitely make sure to contact Terry of Shore 2 Shore! Thank you, Terry! See you again on my future escapades!”

Contributed by Victor Ventura, Boracay 2011