Thursday, December 24, 2009

White Beach of Puerto Galera


“Whenever I visit beautiful tourist places like Puerto Galera, it gives me more reason to be proud as a Filipino. It makes me realize that we are indeed blessed for having numerous natural wonders, just like the white beaches of Puerto Galera.


Puerto Galera, popularly known as “Galera,” is truly Mindoro’s pride. It is one of the country’s prime destinations not just for local travellers, but most especially for foreigners who wish to explore the wonderful dive sites in the Philippines.

Galera is not only a famed diving site. Beach lovers equally rave about its beautiful waters and shorelines. In fact, what sparked my never-ending love affair with the beach was when I first set foot on Galera. It was love at first sight with the clean, blue waters and long stretch of fine, powdery sand of Galera’s White Beach. What a truly mesmerizing sight!

The highlight of every vacation I take always has to do with the beach. I love island or beach hopping and staying in nice beach resorts. Just May of this year, I felt beyond blessed to be able to do both. Even though having tanned skin isn’t really my thing, I didn’t mind being toasted under the hot sun that time and made the most out of my stay, spending half the day swimming, snorkelling, and just lazing around the beach.

The surprises of Galera are not just in its excellent dive sites and wonderful beaches. This place also boasts of postcard-worthy sceneries. During late afternoon, have your cameras ready to capture the most romantic sunset view. And in just a little while, expect another thrilling spectacle, the newest attraction on White Beach – fire dance. We had dinner in a beachfront restaurant and had a good view of the fire dancers. At least two groups of skillful dancers impressed everyone that night. Their amazing performance is really a must-see!

Surely there are endless things to do in Galera that being even a tiny bit bored is out of the question. And even before you depart, just like me, you’ll surely be planning your the next trip to Galera... and the next, and the next, and the next.

This is probably one of the most memorable and enjoyable vacations I had. Visit the pride of Mindoro and you’ll certainly find yourself sharing the joy by writing your own wonderful experience in Puerto Galera! ”



I had my Puerto Galera Package arranged through http://www.shore2shore-travel-services.com/